Saturday 21 November 2015

How To Start A Blog?

I’m rather late to this awkward introductory blog post. If by ‘rather late’, you mean ‘the bandwagon left years ago’. Hey-ho, better late than never people always say. Perhaps I was waiting until this would be less awkward… although, I doubt any point in my life history would allow me to write a non-awkward introductory blog post.

Where do you start?

What do you include?

What is the meaning of life?

We’ll leave the last one to the philosophers (or, you know, we could all agree to disagree with forty-two). The first two, however, I will fail to address. Do you want the kind of information included on dating websites? Doubtful. If you do, you’re on the wrong website my friend. Do you want the kind of things I post on Facebook? If so, this may as well not exist (I have reached the point in life where Facebook exists mostly for terrible games). Do you want the kind of things I post on Twitter? Those should be appearing at the side, if I have set the template up correctly. All in all, everything is up in the air at the moment.

In truth, this is another means to procrastinate.

I’m a lover of books, though. I guess the title of the blog gave that away. By means of procrastination, I guess I will give a book related rant. It is likely to happen a lot, after all. I may as well start as I mean to carry on.

First off, my yearly reading challenge. It was upped. Again. It’s getting a bit silly now. I have exams soon. I should probably focus. Alas, all the pretty books are distractions. I should probably stop increasing the number.

Next up, what you should read. This is pretty much a ‘what Siobhan thinks you should read based upon what she enjoyed this year (thus far)’. First, The Martian. Unless you live in a cave lacking in wi-fi you will have heard about it. I delayed in reading it until just before seeing the movie. Damn. What a read. Go read it. Second, A Discovery of Witches. Read the entire trilogy. Words cannot explain my obsession. There was so much fangirling for days.

Super short, just the two (four, really, but we’ll count the All Souls Trilogy as one). I plan to keep you up to date weekly with yays and nays. Perhaps a monthly choice. Certainly a yearly, if this here blog lasts that long. Whether or not I’ll find another mind-blowing read in the next month (serious, the year has gone so quick) I cannot say, but we’ll see.

Oh well, this introductory post is becoming quite a blah post. I really should stop procrastinating and finish my essay. Oh the joys. Who knows when I’ll post next – but until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment