Sunday 31 January 2016

Make It A Monthly Thing.

I know, I’ve done it again. It is Sunday, not Saturday. Saturday is such a busy day, therefore I’m debating making this a monthly thing instead. After all, my reading varies massively week by week. We have some weeks where I read one or two books and then other weeks where I read multiple. This week is one of the later. They’re mostly from one series of books… but oh well.

Anyway, a roundup of the books I read this week:
·         Virtually Dead. Whilst it is not my favourite Peter May book, it was certainly an interesting read. It was something completely different compared to what I’m used to reading by the male, and I certainly enjoyed it.
·          Poison Study. I’d been eyeing up this series for a very long time. It is such a wonderful read. It wasn’t at all what I expected – I expected more of the magic, if I’m honest – yet I adored it anyway.
·          Magic Study. I enjoyed the first book so much that I started the second straight away. It did not disappoint. The story continues, helping the world to build beyond what we saw in the fire.
·          Assassin Study. A short story linked in with the Study series. It wasn’t overly magical, but it was interesting enough. It was nice to see more of one of the main characters.
·          Welcome. Honestly, I didn’t find this all that interesting. It was one of those things that you can read, only to forget about it shortly after finishing it.
·          Protect the Children. It was an interesting idea, but it wasn’t really fleshed out as well as it could have been. Again, it’s one where you can read it and forget after a short time period.
·          E-Time. As with the aforementioned, it is nothing overly amazing. It is fun at the time, yet it doesn’t really do much.
·          Fire Study. Another wonderful addition to the Study series. Continuing in the direction that the first two took us, this one is a great book for giving us answers for many of the questions we had.
·          Power Study. A fun story containing characters we want to read more of. In all honesty, I’d be happy with more short stories about these characters.
·          Ice Study. Another fun short story, adding more to the series. It was a fun read, although it is not a necessity to read (although it would be beneficial). Still, if you enjoy the series and plan to continue on with the rest of the books, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy this.
·          Storm Glass. Whilst I did not enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed my foray into the Study series, this is another wonderful book in the same universe. It carries the story forward, whilst giving us an entirely new cast to follow.
·          Sea Glass. Whilst I did enjoy this one a lot, I feel as though this series has too much focus upon the romantic life of the main character. It is still enjoyable, but I wish there was less of a focus.
·          Spy Glass. A fun end to the Glass series. The romance part of the story took some turns I did not particularly enjoy, but as I was never really all that engrossed by that aspect of the story it didn’t bother me much. Plus, we get to see more of characters from the Study series, with the characters being better-rounded in my opinion.
·         Playing with Fire. This was so much fun. I admit that I didn’t completely agree with the ending, but as a whole it was a wonderful read. Tess Gerritsen never fails to entertain!

No comments:

Post a Comment