Tuesday 22 November 2016

Review: The Jakkattu Vector

The Jakkattu Vector The Jakkattu Vector by P.K. Tyler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Avendui 5ive and Twin Helix worked to get me super excited about the Jakkattu series. I had my fingers crossed for a great read, I was hopeful that there would be a lot of fun, and I was not disappointed. Having now finished The Jakkattu Vector, I can safely say I’m more than a little bit eager to see where this series goes.

It took me a while to work my way through this one, however it was my own fault rather than the fault of the book. From the very start the book is full of action, the action existing from start to end. As you would expect some points were higher than others, but every moment kept you engaged and on the edge of your seat regarding where things would go next. Each time I put the book down I was impatient to pick it up again, curious as to what would happen next.

Told mainly from two viewpoints, we follow our main characters as the world is slowly shown to us and the mysteries unveiled. Having read Avendui 5ive and Twin Helix, I had an idea of what to expect from the world. However, the glimpse given in the short stories failed to show me just how much of the world there really is. Following a human and a non-human, we see so much more of the world than I’d expected. The lies and deceit, the untruths and subterfuge – it’s such a complex world, and even when you work something out there is always more meaning to be found waiting within the next few pages. Honestly, the way things come together is wonderful. Even when finished, we have so many questions waiting to be answered. We know certain facts, and yet we don’t know it all.

Honestly, I could write endlessly about the world building but that would bore you. Just know it’s such a wonderfully complex world, with so many aspects to it. I’d go so far as to say it was my favourite aspect of the book – but I really did love so much of it.

A close second in regards to my favourite aspect, is the main characters. Both females were wonderful, and I have difficulty deciding whom I enjoyed more. Flickering between them was both wonderful and disheartening – I would get really into one and I wouldn’t want to change, and yet I was always excited as to what would come next for the other character. I really enjoyed it when they can together, as well. It was obvious they would at some point, and yet it didn’t happen in the way I had expected. It really was great to see the two of them come together. I really wish there had been more, though. I wanted more interaction between the two of them – they were both such strong women and I can only imagine the kind of havoc that would ensue if they spent a prolonged period of time together.

I have no idea where the series is heading – I can guess as to where the next book will take us, but long run specifics remain elusive – yet my fingers are crossed that we will get to see the two women together again at some point in the future. Whatever happens, I know both main characters have a great storyline ahead of them. With the way events ended in this book, it’s basically a promise of great things to come.

Honestly, it was such a great read. I’m now going to be an impatient individual as I await the next book, counting down until I can get some kind of answer to any of the many questions I have.

As a final note, I would like to thank the author for allowing me to advance read this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment