Saturday 7 January 2017

Review: Christmas with the Billionaire

Christmas with the Billionaire Christmas with the Billionaire by Amy Lamont
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Christmas with the Billionaire by Amy Lamont is the first book in the Holiday Encounters series and I cannot wait to see what else the series has to offer. If the other books are anything like this one, the series will be truly fabulous.
 
There are so many billionaire books out on the market, making it hard to know which you should read and which you should avoid. Whenever I pick up a new one, I fear it will be a repeat of something I’ve read before. After all, there’s only a finite number of ways to nab a billionaire. Fortunately, this one stood out from others I have read. I admit that there were some moments that resembled other billionaire novels I have read, but for the large part the story really stood out from the crowd.
 
The story starts with a bet between friends, a bet regarding who can have the biggest adventure. This then leads to our main character aiming for a one-night stand with a stranger. The way it comes about is highly entertaining to watch, and I found myself wishing for a longer story so that I could really dive into the world of the main character. Yes, things came together well – I just wanted more of the world.
 
We’re given a cast of great characters, leaving us intrigued as to how things would play out. Our main character is so easy to love, going through a lot of development for such a short story. I won’t say too much because of spoilers, but it was great to see the difference between our main character at the start of the story compared to at the end of it.
 
Not only was our cast great and the story unique, but the chemistry between the two characters was a lot of fun. There are numerous steamy scenes, and each manage to convey a magnitude of emotions. For such a short read, there are so many emotions experienced. It’s a whirlwind, really, one you’re more than happy to get sucked into, and never really want to leave. Prior to reading this Amy Lamont story, I read her Bear for Christmas book – both have demonstrated how she can create real chemistry between characters in very few pages, but I do believe I prefer the chemistry in this story.
 
As I’ve said, all I really wanted was for the story to be longer. Such isn’t necessarily a bad thing – it shows that the author had me hooked, had managed to pull me into the world. I really enjoyed the characters, I really enjoyed the story, and I wanted to be in the world for longer. There’s no doubt that I’ll be having a read of the rest of the Holiday Encounters books, because I need to see if the other females from this wonderful group of friends have such an interesting romantic story to tell.
 
Overall, it was a wonderful read. As my second Amy Lamont book, it has ensured I will be reading more of her work.
 
As a final note, I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read this in exchange for a review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment