Monday 15 May 2017

Review: Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies by Lydia Sherrer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies is the third book in the Lily Singer Adventure series, and I adored it. I’ve now been left with a very solid view of this series: these books just keep getting better. Book one gripped me, pulling me into the series. Book two left me with so many expectations, leaving me super excited to see what happened next. Book three has left me on the verge of exploding, unsure as to how I will deal with everything this series is throwing at us. Honestly, I cannot repeat it enough; this series is getting stronger and stronger.

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies follows the same wonderful format of the first two books. The story is split into three parts, each giving us something different, with all of the aspects being wonderfully connected. The more books I read in this series, the more I come to enjoy this way of storytelling. It is such a unique way of sharing the story, and I find myself eagerly anticipating what each aspect will bring us. By this point, you know parts one and three will be Lily focused, and part two will be Sebastian focused, yet you have no idea how these almost individual stories will link together. As with the first two books, the three parts make for one single beautiful story.

Whilst I was amazed at the development that occurred in the second book, I believe my mind was blown away by the things that occurred in this third book. Everything I loved about the second book was amplified further in this one. We have even more development of the characters and the story, more twists and turns are added, and every layer of the story seems to shine even brighter.

My favourite aspect, however, has to be the development for our two main characters. I’m so in love with them. Honestly, the feelings are driving me crazy. The feelings experienced in this one… well, be still my beating heart is all I can say. They’re both such wonderful characters, and I cannot help but squeal in delight with each new aspect added to their stories. They wiggled their way into my heart with such ease, so much so that I doubt they will ever wiggle free. It’s not just the main characters who are amazing though – everyone in this story is wonderful.

I’ve said it many times, but I’ll leave you with my new favourite phrase: this series just keeps getting better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment