Sunday 14 May 2017

Review: Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations by Lydia Sherrer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations is the second book in the Lily Singer Adventures series. Whilst I adored the first book, a part of me enjoys this one even more. To anyone who has found this book without reading the first, I implore you to go and read book one. You’ll open this book to read ‘episode three’, a clear indication that you need to read book one first. Whilst it would be possible to fall into the world without having read the first book, it will be a much better read if you go and enjoy the first book. I promise you, both books are wonderful and you will not regret the decision to jump into this series.

Book one ended in such a way that I had to grab book two instantly. I had so many ideas of where the next book would take us, and wanted answers instantly. Although the book did not go in the direction I had anticipated, I found myself in love with the story. It opened up so much more, it gave us so many additional aspect of the world, and we now have a clear indication of where this series will go. We know what the underlying plot of the series will be, we know what major events the entire series is moving towards, and I cannot wait to see how everything is brought together.

As with the first book, this is told in three parts. A Lily part, a Sebastian part, and a final Lily part. I found myself feeling much the same about these parts as I did with the first book. Part one left me intrigued as to how the elements would play into the overall story; part two left me with so many Sebastian feels; and part three blew my mind with the way everything was brought together. Honestly, I could rant and rave so much about part three alone – it was such a great element to add to the story, to the overall series. It linked so beautifully with the first book and the things we found out, and it leaves us with so many glorious possibilities of where the story will go next. Honestly, I cannot wait to see what comes next for this series – there are so many possibilities.

Not to mention, I loved the way in which the characters grew in this one. We find out even more about both of our main characters, things that link to the world as a whole. This book does more than simply move the story forward, something it does wonderfully, this book also shows us so much more about the characters – whilst they were wonderful in the first book, my love for them grew even more in this one. It’s not just a book of revelations, it’s a book of development – with both things being fabulous.

Honestly, I’m so addicted to this series. Everyone should go and read it. It’s wonderful. I need more. There’s no question about whether or not I’ll be following this series – you couldn’t stop me if you tried.

Oh, and by the way, the promised talking cat makes an appearance in this one. No spoilers on that front, just know that the talking cat the series is advertised as having certainly fulfils his role.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment