Tuesday 30 May 2017

Review: Shadows

Shadows Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Lux series was an addictive read, yet I wasn’t crazy about it. I enjoyed it, yes, but I never reached the level of obsession that most people reached. I blame this on my dislike of the main characters. I never really managed to connect with them, I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy their romance, and as a whole they were just a means to telling the story I was addicted to.

The side characters, however, I did enjoy.

Thus, you can imagine how excited I was to give Shadows a read. It was included in my copy of Opposition, and as soon as I was done with the main series I jumped into the novella. After all, I came to really enjoy the characters involved in this novella and was happy to read more of them. In fact, if the truth is to be known, I enjoyed them more than the leads in the overall series.

Having read Shadows, I have one wish – I wish there was more to this story. I feel as though I would have enjoyed the Lux series so much more had we followed this couple. To me, their relationship was a lot more enjoyable than the leads of the main series. In this novella alone, I managed to connect and enjoy them a lot more than I ever did the characters in the main story.

This is short and sweet, it gives us the background we need, and it will leave you loving the couple so much. A part of me believes I enjoyed this novella more than I enjoyed any of the novels in the series – such was my enjoyment of the story.

If you’re a fan of the Lux series, you really do need to give Shadows a read. It is more than worth it, I assure you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment