These ‘about me’ sections, or even sections that inform you about blogs, have never been my forte. Much to my chagrin, I was never taught the unwritten rules of what you are supposed to say. The links at the side of the blog – Twitter and Goodreads, for example – are liable to tell you more than I could ever say in words.

Mostly, this will be a book blog. I read a lot, and I love to share my views on my most recent reads. I try to read a little bit of everything, but if you look closely you’ll notice I will occasionally become obsessed with one specific genre for a short period of time. Old books, new books, yet to be released books – I read them all. If you’re an author looking for advance readers or just wish for more reviews of a book you’ve already released, please feel free to contact me. There is a contact form at the side of my blog – if you scroll down below the Twitter and Goodreads sidebar you will find it – so drop me a message and I’ll be sure to get back to you in double time. After all, finding new authors is what makes the book world go around.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. With a little bit of luck, you will find my blog much more interesting than this mundane introductory section.

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Review: Blaque Beauty and the Rancher

Blaque Beauty and the Rancher Blaque Beauty and the Rancher by Erin Lee Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blaque Beauty and the Rancher is the second novella in the Blaque Beauty Collection; however, it is a standalone read. Having now read Blaque Beauty and the Rancher I am super interested to go and read Blaque Beauty and the Billionaire. Erin Lee Daniels really pulled me in with this one, and with billionaires being a particular weakness of mine, I’m positive that I will love the first book in this collection.

I’ll be honest by saying I was somewhat tentative at first. The story interested me from the get go, but for the first couple of chapters I wasn’t as pulled into the story as I would have liked to have been. I think this is because it took me a while to wrap my head around the characters and events, then how everything was connected. As soon as things clicked into place however, as soon as I knew what was what, I fell deep into the story.

It’s very much one of those stories you need to complete in a single sitting. It has all the necessary drama and intense moments to keep you engaged, it will leave you experiencing a whole range of emotions from heartbreak to joy, and throughout you will be thoroughly addicted. You’re pulled into a wonderfully sweet story, with a constant fear of whether or not the characters will get the happily ever after you wish for them. Everything about the story – the lives of the main characters, the interactions of the side characters, and the overall plot – pulls you in, refusing to let go until you know how it ends.

Without a doubt, I’m interested to see what else Erin Lee Daniels gives us – I’m positive all will be as wonderful as this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment