Saturday 1 July 2017

Review: Before Vengeance

Before Vengeance Before Vengeance by Louisa Lo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although Before Vengeance is a prequel story in the Vengeance Demons series, it is not necessary to read it prior to book one. I actually read it after reading the first book, and found I enjoyed it a lot this way – it explained quite a few things I was interested in, giving me an insight into one of the characters I wished to know better.

In Vengeance Be Mine, we find out a lot about the supernatural world but focus mainly upon the vengeance demon and trickster elements. With Before Vengeance, we get an insight into another world – the fae, the changelings. Although it’s a very quick read, one you can complete in next to no time at all, this one does give us a real in depth look at the world. We get to see how it functions, we are introduced to some of the big players, and we get answers about Serafina’s past.

Honestly, I was so excited to find out more about the female who intrigued me so much in Vengeance Be Mine. This story of her past really does do her justice – so much so, I came to love her even more than I imagined I would. I really cannot wait to start book two in this series, as I know I’ll be getting even more of the characters I came to love in this short story. It really does help solidify Searfina as a character, pulling us into her story and leaving us wanting more (if the truth is to be told, a part of me loves Serafina more than I loved Megan and is more interested in seeing Serafina’s story play out).

Without a doubt, this wonderful prequel is very much worth the read if you enjoyed the first book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment