Saturday 22 July 2017

Review: Industrial Magic

Industrial Magic Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Industrial Magic is the fourth book in Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series, and it’s easily my favourite thus far. All the books have been enjoyable, each book seems to reach a new high, and I can only imagine what I will feel as I continue to work my way through this series. In all honesty, I’m annoyed it’s taking me so long to work my way through them. I’m so close to buying all the other books in the series and binge reading them across a week, such is my level of love for the world Kelley Armstrong has created.

I was a bit unsure about Paige and Lucas in Dime Store Magic, but I came to really love them by the end of the book. Thus, I was super excited to jump into Industrial Magic. I was somewhat nervous, as I’ve read a number of reviews where people have labelled this the weakest book in the series, but I adored it. It opened up so many new elements of the world and there were so many scenes that pulled at my heartstrings. It was a quite different read to the prior books, but that only made me enjoy it more.

In all honesty, I’m now heartbroken that we’ll be moving on from Paige and Lucas in the next book. I was disappointed when book three changed our characters to the duo, but now I want to stay with them for longer. I want to see what more happens in their world. I never anticipated falling so in love with the characters, but the events that took place throughout this story earned them a spot right up there alongside my other favourite characters. I’m positive I’ll love the future point of views, but books three and four will certainly hold a high spot for me throughout the rest of the series.

What I really loved about this one is how it has opened up so many possibilities for the world going forward. The characters we are introduce to and the events that unfold promise many great things in the future books. Not to mention, they were a lot of fun throughout this book. The new characters make for extremely interesting reads, giving us plenty of drama throughout the story. The events, whilst slow at times, leave us on the edge of our seats regarding how everything comes together. I’m a big fan of Kelley Armstrong, and throughout this story demonstrated why I’m such a big fan.

Overall, it was a wonderful read. I cannot wait to read the next book in the Women of the Otherworld series and find out where everything goes from here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment