Sunday 16 July 2017

Review: Vengeance For Hire

Vengeance For Hire Vengeance For Hire by Louisa Lo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vengeance Demon series has become a real addiction for me. As soon as I finish one book, I have the need to jump straight into the next story. Such is what happened with Vengeance For Hire. I told myself I wouldn’t pick it up until I finished my current reads, but knowing it was such a short read, I decided to give it a read before bed. Now that I’m done, I’m super excited to jump into Hell Hath No Vengeance.

As with the other short stories in this series, Vengeance For Hire is a wonderful read. I’m always tentative about short stories, but with this series I’ve come to realise the short stories will be wonderful. They give you all the goodness you find in the main books, ensuring a good time and a progression of the overall series. Whilst I have loved all of the short stories thus far, it is safe to say Vengeance for Hire is my favourite. Before Vengeance was a wonderful little read that gave us an insight into the changeling world, Vengeance Unclaimed was a fabulous little read that gave us a secret to carry with us, and Vengeance For Hire gives us a better understanding of the mercenary world.

Vengeance For Hire is a perfect little read before diving into Hell Hath No Vengeance as it gives us an introduction to how the lives of our characters has changed since the end of A Good Vengeance. A Good Vengeance left us with many ‘what happens next’ questions in relation to different aspects of life, and Vengeance For Hire gives us an insight into how things are going. We see the routine characters have fallen into, and we get to see what mercenary life is like and where the romantic elements of the story are going. Although it gives us a brief look into the ‘what happens next’ it does not supply us with all of the answers, in many ways it gives us more questions.

Without a doubt, this is a must read for fans of the series. It’s a beautiful little read that fits between A Good Vengeance and Hell Hath No Vengeance, and I cannot wait to see what the next book brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment