Friday 4 August 2017

Review: Timeless

Timeless Timeless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Timeless is a wonderful conclusion to the Parasol Protectorate series. The entire series was a lot of fun, and I was somewhat unsure about how the end would come together – after reading Timeless, I can honestly say I was perfectly content with this conclusion. It brings this arc to a fabulous conclusion whilst leaving you with enough to want to jump into the related series.

From the moment I picked up Soulless, I was sucked into the Parasol world. It’s a really easy read, yet it is thoroughly addictive. As soon as I finished one book, I jumped right into the next. The books were consumed in a rapid-fire fashion, my need to know how things played out desperate. The series has so many great elements, and Timeless does well to remind us why we love the world so much.

Timeless contains everything we have come to love about the Parasol world. There is plenty of humour. There are new twists added. We’re made to question characters – the development happening until the very end of the book, our views towards characters changing even in the latter stages of the novel. There is drama. There is mystery. The romance is great (honestly, this was the book where I finally felt something between our couple rather than simply enjoying them).

Honestly, this was such an enjoyable book. I couldn’t have asked for more from the conclusion of a series I enjoyed so much. It gave me the unexpected whilst ensuring I was content with how things came together.

If you’ve yet to read the Parasol Protectorate series, then do it. It’s such a wonderful steampunk world, filled with so many great elements. More than worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment