Friday 1 September 2017

Review: I Am Missing

I Am Missing I Am Missing by Tim Weaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I Am Missing is book number eight in the David Raker series, and Tim Weaver delivers yet another wonderful read.

I’ve been a fan of David Raker since I started the first book, Chasing the Dead. It was such a wonderful read, and each additional book has added something more to the series. Each book is powerful, giving us the thriller we long for. Although I would not label this my favourite David Raker story – that award is handed to book three, Vanished – it was still a wonderful read.

With I Am Missing, the story has a somewhat different feel to it. The story has the clear David Raker feel to it, yet it unravels in a completely different way to the rest of the series. In fact, it is as though this story occurs in reverse. We have the person, but their past is missing. I love amnesia stories, as I’m sure many people do, and this one is certainly one for the books. Sometimes amnesia can be poorly dealt with, but Tim Weaver tells a wonderful tale whilst dealing with the topic in a sensitive manner. It really is all you could hope for from a Tim Weaver book.

I will admit, however, that this one did take me slightly longer to get into than the prior books. I believe this is mostly due to the change in story dynamic. This change meant it took a while for my mind to wrap up what was happening, to get into the right mind set. However, once I was pulled in, I was lost in the story. It became the typical Tim Weaver tale – I picked it up and I could not put it down, ignoring the world around me until I’d managed to complete the book in a single sitting.

Without a doubt, this is a wonderful addition to the David Raker series. Any fan of the series needs to pick up this book, diving into a different – but still wonderful – addition to the David Raker storyline. As always, Tim Weaver has left me excited to see what comes next in the series.

I cannot wait to get my hands on David Raker number nine!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment