Tuesday 3 October 2017

Review: Temptation Trials Part II

Temptation Trials Part II Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Earlier this year I read Temptation Trials Part I, and I loved it. I went in a little bit tentative, unsure as to whether the mix of dystopian society and reality television would work, but it turned out my fears were unfounded. I loved the way the two elements were mixed together, and I couldn’t wait to read more. In fact, I was overly excited for Temptation Trials Part II.

The first book introduced us to the dystopian world, giving us a glimmer of what exists. In book two, this world grows even stronger. I said in my review of the first book that it was a seemingly simple dystopian notion, and in this second book we get to see more of the world as a whole. It still has a simplicity about it, but it’s an interesting simplicity. It makes the world easy to follow, so you can quickly slip into the story. More importantly, though, this second book works to fix all that is wrong. This book deals with what all dystopian tales deal with – overthrowing the dictatorship. The underground society we merely glimpsed in the first book is back and kicking in this second book, bring so many things together.

Although this book is all about bring everything together, giving us those answers we crave, there is still plenty of the drama from the first book to be seen. The drama is more so off screen this time, the reality television aspect no longer the main point. It is still there, it still plays a part, and is important – however, we’re no longer spending our time on an island filled with cameramen. It gives us a reprieve for some of the book, allowing us to watch the drama unfold in a different way.

Mostly, this drama is based around the element that has everyone second-guessing – the love triangles. We go into this one unsure as to how things will play out, and a lot of the book plays into that. Each time we think we know the decision made in regards to love, another twist is thrown in. The entire book keeps you unsure as to how things will play out and I loved this. I’m not usually crazy about love triangles, I usually shy away from them, but the details behind the relationships in this story really pulled me in. There were twists and turns at every corner, and I really didn’t know how the story would play out.

Speaking of twists and turns – the entire story is filled with them. I went into this book with a large number of ideas. I believed I’d worked out a lot of things, but I still had many questions. Whilst a few of my ideas turned out to be correct, there were plenty of twists to catch me off guard. There were so many surprises throughout, the storyline grabbing me and pulling me in so many directions. It’s certainly a book where all the little details drag you in.

I will be completely honest, though. I did feel as though this book wasn’t quite as action packed as it could have been at the start of the book. There was such much information to be found out, and I felt as though certain things at the start of the book lacked in action so that information could be shared instead. The ending had a lot of action – fight scenes, emotional scenes, and all the other goodness you can hope for – but I did feel a though the start of the book could have done with a little bit more. That’s just a personal preference, though.

Overall, this was a wonderful conclusion to the Temptation Trials duology. It was such a fun series and I cannot wait for more. In fact, I gave quite a loud squeal when I realised there are more books to come. With reveals that happen throughout this book, we now have a spinoff series in the works. I cannot wait to give the spinoff series a read – there are so many possibilities, and I’m so excited to see what comes next.

Without a doubt, I’ll be devouring the spinoff series when it is released.

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review, Ms. Sibohan & for hosting. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful review, Ms. Sibohan & for hosting. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for inviting me to join! I positively loved it, and I plan to dive into more of your books soon! (:

    ReplyDelete