Monday 13 November 2017

Review: Chaotic

Chaotic Chaotic by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m trying to read the Otherworld Stories as they occur in the Women of the Otherworld timeline. Whether or not I’m achieving my goal is hard to say – I’m succeeding and not at the same time. Nevertheless, I am trying. Thus, Chaotic was picked up before I jumped into the sixth book of the series. Although it is book five-point-two, I’m unsure as to how vital reading it before the sixth book is. I know it will be relevant later, though, and that’s enough for me.

I’m going to be honest by saying I wasn’t overly excited by this one. The idea of Karl being the male lead… I simply wasn’t excited by it. My prejudice against his character left me with the belief I would not enjoy this one. Fortunately, I was mistaken. I finished this story with a sudden love for Karl. In fact, I’m super excited for his return later in the series – I need more Karl in my life, a statement I never expected to say.

In Chaotic we’re introduced to Hope, another character we will be meeting later in the Women of the Otherworld series. At first I wasn’t quite sure what I thought of her, but before long I found myself rather enjoying Hope. We get to know a lot about her, yet there is still plenty left open that will come into play in book eight of the series, when we get another look at Hope’s story. In fact, I have high hopes for Hope’s book following this one.

Another wonderful read in the Otherworld series, one I’d recommend for fans of the series who enjoy the extras Kelley Armstrong provides.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment