Wednesday 22 November 2017

Review: Christmastide with my Captain

Christmastide with my Captain Christmastide with my Captain by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big fan of Tammy Andresen’s Taming the Heart series, and was more than willing to dive into more of her work. Christmastide with my Captain is a wonderful short story, working as a prequel to the A Laird To Love series. It’s just a handful of pages long, meaning you can complete it in no time at all, and is the perfect read for historical fiction fans looking for a Christmas read.

Filling with wonderful characters and a great little plot, this story is a perfect read for anyone wanting something quick to fill in their day. In no time at all you fall in love with the characters, and even though you know there is a happily ever after just a couple of pages away the story pulls you in and leaves you wanting more.

Although I would not label this my favourite Tammy Andresen read, I did enjoy it a lot. I’m not usually the biggest lover of short stories, but this one was a lot of fun. In fact, it’s left me super eager for the full-length novels in the A Laird To Love series. The characters all seem like a lot of fun, and this small introduction has left me extremely excited to see how all of the stories play out.

Without a doubt, Christmastide with my Captain has left me more than willing to dive into the A Laird To Love series when it starts. In fact, I plan to dive into book one – My Enemy, My Earl – extremely soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment