Tuesday 7 November 2017

Review: Ecstasy Unveiled

Ecstasy Unveiled Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ecstasy Unveiled is the fourth book in the Demonica series, and if I’m completely honest I was a wee bit worried about this one. I fell in love with the brothers throughout Pleasure Unbound, Desire Unchained, and Passion Unleashed, and the idea of a new sibling left me unsure as to what would happen. Especially with how I wasn’t the biggest fan of Lore when he was introduced to us in book three.

Fortunately, this one won me over in next to no time at all. Despite my initial worries, I enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed the prior books in the series. That is to say, this was another wonderful read, a fabulous addition to the Demonica series. My addiction to this series will not be harmed in any way through the attention shifting away from the three main brothers.

Not that we do not get to see our favourite characters. They’re just as prevalent in this one, the overarching storyline ensuring we get to see all that is going on in their lives. In fact, the storyline of this novel was tied up with the prior books much more than I’d expected it to be. Many elements from the prior books were brought back in this one, events from the prior books playing an importance in this storyline. As with the other books, although it is possible to read the romantic elements of this story as a standalone novel, the best experience comes through reading this series in order. There are events building throughout, and this book builds upon things in a wonderful way.

Not to mention, there is so much promise for the next book. This book works really well as a prelude to Sin Undone, giving us an insight into the romance that is to occur along with starting off the action that is going to unravel. Even if you decide not to read the first three books in the series, I recommend this one before jumping into book five – it very much feels as though certain details are going to be pivotal.

Whilst it is important in the context of the overall series storyline, it is also wonderful alone. There were so many elements of this story to pull you in, new details to ensure you were addicted to the story throughout. The romance between the two characters was wonderful, and the storyline developed in a fabulous way. Honestly, I’m surprised by just how much I loved this one.

Without a doubt a fabulous addition to the series, and I cannot wait to see what Sin Undone brings us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment