Monday 6 November 2017

Review: Passion Unleashed

Passion Unleashed Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Passion Unleashed is the third book in the Demonica series, and I’ve been so excited for this one throughout the two prior books. I loved both Pleasure Unbound and Desire Unchained, falling in love with the characters. Yet I couldn’t wait to read Wraith’s story. I’m a sucker for tortured heroes and whilst he was never my favourite of the brothers, I had high hopes for his story.

Although I did enjoy this one, it wasn't quite as mind blowing as I'd been hoping for considering my interest in the main character. You see, my expectations for Wraith were high. His story was a lot of fun, I cannot deny that, but the whole tortured hero element left a lot to be desired. There was so much build-up throughout the first two books, that I expected my heart to be ripped into pieces when I finally got to read Wraith’s story. Some elements were dark, as I had hoped, but it was not up to my usual tortured hero standard.

Despite feeling somewhat let down by Wraith’s background, I did enjoy this one a lot. Things have been building throughout the first two books, and we finally got to witness as a lot of things came together. I’m never quite sure where Larissa Ione is going to take us next, and in this one she delivered another multi-layered story. Whilst this can work as a standalone novel for the romantic elements, I would recommend reading this series in order if you wish to understand all the references made throughout as there is a lot going on.

In addition to being given Wraith’s story, we see the continuous storyline from the prior books – the Gem and Ky arc – come to a head. Although there were times when I felt as though their storyline was taking the attention away from Wraith, I came to understand why it was given so much attention by the end of the book. In addition, we also get introduced to new characters that will be important in the future books. Whilst there were times when I felt like too much was going on, and times where I wished the attention would shift to other characters, it really did come together so well in the end. It wasn’t at all the story I had been anticipating, but I did enjoy it a lot.

Having read through the first three books in rapid succession, there’s no doubt about my addiction to the series. As soon as I finished Passion Unleashed I grabbed Ecstasy Unveiled, needing even more of this series. Whilst I’d expected I would enjoy this series, I never expected to find myself quite as addicted as I am. I think it’s safe to say, Larissa Ione has managed to wiggle her way onto my favourite authors list with this series, and as soon as I’m done powering through the Demonica books I’m going to have to look at her other series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment