Tuesday 14 November 2017

Review: Torment

Torment Torment by Scarlett Dawn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Torment is the third book in the Origin series, and it is safe to say it is my favourite in the series thus far. I’ve enjoyed all three books, and I’m super excited for the rest of the series, yet Torment gripped me hard from the very first page.

Trigger introduced us to the Origin world, and I found myself really enjoying the characters. Transcend gave us an unexpected twist, leaving us unsure of where things would go next. Torment, gave us both of those things. The couple in Torment are, without a doubt, my favourite thus far, and I have no idea how this series is going to come together – in the best way possible, of course.

The very first page had me falling in love with our female lead in this one, her internal monologue a truly amazing thing to experience. There was such sass, and I was so pleased to see it occurred both inside her mind and when she was speaking to people. It made her an easy to love character, someone you enjoy instantly. When our male lead walked in and played off her so well, I couldn’t help but smile. Without a doubt, the two go together so well. I let out so much laughter at the things that occurred, at the way they played off each other. The relationship between the two played out in a different way to the relationships in the prior books, yet I found the changes to be very fitting for the characters. Honestly, the future books are going to need to work hard to top this couple.

Whilst most of the book did focus upon the relationship – I’ve said in prior reviews that this series focuses more upon the romantic elements than the action of the supernatural world – there was another twist thrown in. Following on from the last book, the event that occurred in this book has left me completely unsure as to how the series is going to play out. I have many ideas, yet I’m clueless as to what will occur. I’m hoping the next couple of books will really start to focus upon that element of the story, as I’m intrigued to see how everything is going to come together.

I’m also really loving the side story that is occurring with Theron and the pizza girl. I’m hoping it will play out the same way the story of Gem and Ky played out in Larissa Ione’s Demonica series – we’ll get to see snippets of their story throughout all of the books, even if they do not get a book of their own, allowing us to see how things develop there.

Overall, I loved this one. As I said, it’s my favourite in the series thus far and I’m super excited to see what Trick brings to the table!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment