Friday 10 November 2017

Review: The Vilka's Captive

The Vilka's Captive The Vilka's Captive by Pearl Foxx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vilka’s Captive is the third book in the Shifters of Kladuu series, and there is no question of it being my favourite in the series. Although I have loved all three of the books, this one hit even more of the right buttons.

In the first book, The Vilka’s Servant, we were introduced to Nestan. In the second book, The Vilka’s Mate, we spent time concerned about his fate. In this third book, The Vilka’s Servant, we are finally given his story. From the first book I loved his character, and I could not wait to dive into his story. He was a character I enjoyed in the first book, and in this third book he became a favourite.

You see, I have a thing for tortured heroes. Nestan is exactly that, a tortured hero. We got glimpses of it in the first book, but it was even more apparent in this one. Despite the darkness surrounding him, Nestan has a lot of good in him. His romance works to show how he is very much deserving of love. Add in the fact Linnea’s story ties in with the female lead from the prior book, and we have a lot of fun in store.

I could rant and rave for a very long time about the romance between the two characters and how I loved it, but it wouldn’t do the story justice. There is so much to it, the relationship between the two characters being more than simple lust. Whilst there is some lust thrown in, the connection does go much deeper.

As wonderful as the storylines of the individual characters may be, there is also a lot done for the overall series storyline. A big twist is thrown in, stirring the pot for the overall series. It was an unexpected turn, and I cannot wait to see how it plays out in the rest of the series. I’m not going to say what, but there will be repercussions and I cannot wait to see them.

Whilst this may be my favourite in the series, I was a little bit disappointed by a couple of things. I adored the interaction between the three Vilka males in the first book, and I feel as though we didn’t get to see as much as it in this one. I wanted more interactions between the three of them. We had the initial scene when they got to see each other again, but I would have liked for a bit more between them – a reminder of what I enjoyed so much. The other thing I would have liked more of is the fighting scene. There is a huge fight in this book, and I feel as though it wasn’t quite as mind blowing as it could have been – it was over much too quick for me to become truly invested.

Despite those little things, I did adore this one. I cannot wait for book four, either. The epilogue of this one gives us an insight into the next book, promising an even deeper look into the Draqon world. I cannot wait!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment