Wednesday 20 December 2017

Review: Crave

Crave Crave by Shanora Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Crave is the third Nora Heat Collection story, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novella. I read it as such, and found it worked perfectly fine without having read the prior books. It seems to me, you can pick and choose which of these stories you wish to read.

You're warned at the story of this book that it is not the kind to have a deep story, focusing more upon the quick and steamy elements. Such is certainly the case with this story, and people should be aware before entering. I know for many, due to this element, it will not be for them. However, if you do enjoy quick stories that focus upon the steam rather than a deep storyline, then this book is certainly worth reading.

I find I have a love-hate relationship with such novels. I can appreciate such novels, but I need to be in the mood for them. I believe with Crave, I simply wasn’t in the right mindset to enjoy it as much as I could have. It was enjoyable, yes, but I found I would have preferred it to have had more depth. There was a storyline underneath it all, but a lot of it was glossed over in exchanged for the coming together of the characters in the bedroom. Whilst it was well written, and there was fun to be had, I wasn’t as blown away by it as I could have been.

This is very much a story where a person’s enjoyment will be dependent upon how much depth they like their stories to have.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment