Wednesday 17 January 2018

Review: Dragon School: The Dark Prince

Dragon School: The Dark Prince Dragon School: The Dark Prince by Sarah K.L. Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dragon School: The Dark Prince is the third instalment of Sarah K.L. Wilson’s Dragon school series, and if I’m completely honest it is my least favourite thus far. Dragon School: First Flight and Dragon School: Initiate were both wonderful stories, ones that pulled me in and left me wanting more. While I did enjoy Dragon School: The Dark Prince, I feel as though it was not quite to the same standard as the prior stories.

Dragon School: The Dark Prince does move our story forward well. More of the world comes to light, characters continue to develop, and the story moves forward. However, I feel as though it did not hit me as hard as the prior instalments. While the story did move forward at a fast pace, I feel as though there wasn’t quite as much action. It wasn’t a filler book, as things did happen, but I wanted more action to ensure I enjoyed it as much as the prior instalments. I wanted things to hit me hard, whereas this book seemed to be focused more on giving us new information regarding the elements that are coming into play.

In truth, I feel as though the events in this book are going to be pivotal going forward. The new elements we were introduced to were a lot of fun, the way things developed between the characters has me excited for more, and the way this story ended has me wanting to grab the next instalment instantly. It may not have blown my mind, but it was another interesting read. It progressed the story forward well, and I’m still addicted – hence my four-star rating when I consider it to be more of a three-point-five-star read.

Overall, worth picking up if you’re enjoying the series thus far – whatever comes next, I cannot wait to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment