Tuesday 9 January 2018

Review: Dragon School: Initiate

Dragon School: Initiate Dragon School: Initiate by Sarah K.L. Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I positively adore stories involving dragons, and when I enjoyed the first book in the Dragon School series, I decided I would try to overcome my evasion of serial stories and follow this one. If Dragon School: Initiate is any indication of how this series is going to continue growing, I’m positive I’ll soon forget about my dislike of serial releases.

The first book in the Dragon School series introduced us to Sarah K.L. Wilson’s wonderful world, leaving us wanting more. Picking up shortly after the first ended, Dragon School: Initiate quickly throws us back into the action. Building upon all we were introduced to in the first book, this second brings in many new elements. In fact, it added much more to the story than I had imagined it would. Honestly, there was so much added within this one, so many twists thrown in, that I find it difficult to believe the page count when I look at it – I cannot help but find it hard to believe so much could happen, and could be done so well, within so few pages.

Much like the first book, this is fast paced read that will keep you gripped throughout. There is more world building, there are new characters introduced, and as a whole I see no reason why fans of the first story will dislike this second. It has all the same things as the first book, only intensified: we still have great characters, the fantasy element is strong, and the plot is solid.

My only disappointment is that I do not have Dragon School: The Dark Prince to dive straight into. With so much opened up in this story, I’m overly eager to dive into the third story to find out where things will head in the future. I’m positive whatever comes next, I’m going to love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment