Tuesday 9 January 2018

Review: Earl of Sussex

Earl of Sussex Earl of Sussex by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Earl of Sussex is the first book in the Wicked Earls’ Club, and a wonderful opener to the series. The series is made up of twelve standalone novellas, each by a different author. Tammy Andresen is the only author on the list I know of, the only one I have read before, but if this book is any indication of what is to come in the series then I’m going to be finding myself eleven more authors to read. Meara Platt and the Westcliff Earl, Collette Cameron and the Wainthorpe Earl, Aubrey Wynne and the Sunderland Earl, Aileen Fish and the Basingstoke Earl, Anna St. Claire and the Weston Earl, Maggie Dallen and the Davenport Earl, Amanda Mariel and the Grayson Earl, Madeline Martin and the Benton Earl, Lauren Smith and the Pembroke Earl, Christina McKnight and the St. Seville Earl, and Dawn Brower and the Harrington Earl will be on my radar until I have devoured the Wicked Earls’ Club series.

As with my prior Tammy Andresen reads, the Earl of Sussex is a quick one you can devour in a single sitting. It is an extremely fun quick read, and one of my favourite Tammy Andresen reads. If you’re a fan of historical romance and have yet to pick up a Tammy Andresen read, I suggest you do so. As you’re currently reading this review, I see no reason for you to look beyond Earl of Sussex, as it is a wonderful read.

Following a rake as he finds love, you know this story is going to be gripping from the start. Throughout you have drama, a bit of humour, plenty of emotions, wonderful characters, and the sizzle to keep the romance going throughout. It may be a short story, but plenty happens throughout, with every page giving you something to keep you gripped by the story. Not to mention, the characters are wonderful. The interplay between the two is amazing, they play off each other so well. Tammy Andresen has given me many wonderful couples, but I think these two may well be my favourite Tammy Andresen couple – they really do go together so well.

Without a doubt, this was another wonderful Tammy Andresen read. There is no doubt of this being one of my favourite reads by the author, and I’m certainly intrigued by the rest of the books in the Wicked Earls’ Club series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment