Sunday 7 January 2018

Review: The Mystery Knight

The Mystery Knight The Mystery Knight by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Mystery Knight is the third Dunk and Egg story, another fun novella telling the story of Westeros well before the A Song of Ice and Fire storyline started.

To completely understand The Mystery Knight, you first need to read The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword. This third story makes references to past events, carries on from events in the prior story, meaning a complete understanding will come from reading the books in order. As each story is a nice short read, adding together to make a single book, I would certainly recommend working through the books in order.

I really enjoyed The Hedge Knight, giving it a four-star rating. The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight, however, didn’t quite hit the same mark – hence the three-star rating of this novella. The Mystery Knight was a fun additional read, adding more to the story of Dunk and Egg, but I feel as though it didn’t quite have enough action to keep me entertained throughout. I was intrigued by what was happening, I was following the story, but I was not lost in the world.

Overall, this was another fun Dunk and Egg story, but it was not my favourite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment