Friday 2 February 2018

Review: Heart of a Highlander

Heart of a Highlander Heart of a Highlander by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heart of a Highlander is the second book in Tammy Andresen’s A Laird to Love series, and it’s even more enjoyable than the first book.

Last year I worked my way through Tammy Andresen’s Taming the Heart series. I enjoyed each of the stories, finding myself wanting more after each one. When the chance came about to start Tammy Andresen’s new series, A Laird To Love, I found myself more than willing to dive in.

Christmastime With My Captain provided an extremely short story that introduced me to the A Laird To Love series, and desperately left me wanting more. It was short, but it provided all I love about a Tammy Andresen novel. Whilst I really enjoyed Christmastime With My Captain, it is merely a blip on the radar considering how much I’ve enjoyed My Enemy, My Earl and Heart of a Highlander.

My Enemy, My Earl, the first book, won me over in no time at all. It left me wanting more, desperate to see where the next story would take us. I found myself overly excited for the stories that were to come, in dire need of more from the characters I’d enjoyed so much. I knew I would enjoy the future books, yet I enjoyed Heart of a Highlander even more than I’d anticipated.

Heart of a Highland was typical of Tammy Andresen in a number of ways – and none of these ways are negative. It was a quick and easy read, one you can complete in a single sitting. Despite the length, there was more than enough to keep you griped throughout. Plenty occurs, ensuring you are addicted to every page, be it due to the romance, the drama, or something more.

I think my favourite element was the type of love story we were given. Never before have I read a historical romance that used the friends-to-lovers trope, and I loved it. It was what we all love about the friends-to-lovers storyline, occurring within a historic backdrop. The couple were wonderful together, I loved watching how their relationship developed, but the main thing to win me over was how rare it is to find such a trope in this genre.

If you enjoyed My Enemy, My Earl then you’re sure to love Heart of a Highlander. Everything I’ve come to love about Tammy Andresen was evident throughout this story, and I cannot wait to read book three. In fact, I’m overly eager for A Scot’s Surrender.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment