Monday 19 February 2018

Review: Sex God

Sex God Sex God by Katie McCoy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although Sex God is the fourth book in Katie McCoy’s All-Star series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I read it as a standalone novel and had no issue understanding the story. The only thing I did find is that some of the side characters seem to be those from the prior books – most notably book three, Heartthrob – but this is not an issue in any way. In fact, it only furthered my desire to read more Katie McCoy.

As my first Katie McCoy book, Sex God offered a wonderful introduction to the author’s work. It really was a wonderful read, one that had me addicted throughout. Combing two of my most loved romance tropes – brother’s best friend and bad boy Rockstar – I knew I was in for something amazing. What I was given was even more amazing than I’d initially anticipated.

I fell in love with the characters from the very first page, loving them as individuals and adoring them as a couple. The chemistry between the two of them was wonderful, and watching the way their story came together had me turning the pages at a rapid pace. Every detail that was added sucked me in further, every detail we were given left me wanting more. The drama was wonderful; the steam was wonderful; the banter was wonderful. All in all, it was a wonderful read.

The only thing I wasn’t crazy about was the ending. Things felt rather sudden to me, it didn’t hit me as hard as I had been expecting. I would have liked a little bit more when it came to an ending, but that’s about it. It wasn’t enough to ruin the book, far from it, it simply left me feeling as though I would have liked something more.

Without a doubt, Sex God has guaranteed I’ll be reading more Katie McCoy in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment