Friday 9 March 2018

Review: Honest Love

Honest Love Honest Love by Lauren K. McKellar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honest Love is the first book in Lauren K. McKellar’s Twisted Hearts Duet, a book liable to break you.

I was instantly sucked in by the synopsis of this one, drawn in by the possibility of an emotional read. What I did not expect was a book that would play so freely with my emotions. Every page seemed to twist the knife deeper into my chest, each time I thought I had experienced it all a new wound would appear.

From the very first page this one sucks you in, leaving you lost to the story. You fall in love with the characters in no time, you feel their pain, and the story grips your heart in a vice grip. There is so much pure emotion throughout this one, so many heavy topics are dealt with, that by the end you’re not entirely sure if you can deal with the world. It is heart-breaking in the best possible way – the good and the bad will rip you to pieces.

Honestly, this book is heavy. I could rant and rave for hours about the emotions this one will bring about but just be warned you will feel so much. With how quickly this one sucks you in, you’ll be surprised by how deeply you connect with the characters and the events.

Not to mention that ending. Although I love these short duets that seem to be so popular at the moment, it’s endings like this that leave me hating myself. It’s such a cliff-hanger of an ending, one that leaves you wanting to grab the next story straight away. As part two, Bitter Truth, is not out yet, I hate how I have forced this wait upon myself. I need the second part, and I need it now – I have so much I need to know, so many emotions that need fixing.

I cannot wait for Bitter Truth – I need to know how Lauren K. McKellar will bring this all together, I need to know what new pain will be forced upon my emotions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment