Saturday 10 March 2018

Review: The Intern

The Intern The Intern by Ella King
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’m positive many people will adore The Intern by Ella King, unfortunately it seems this book was not for me.

Although office romances are not my favourite, I do appreciate a good one every now and again. As I have not read one in a while, I decided to use The Intern to get my next fix. It sounded interesting, and I was more than happy to find out more.

From the start, I wasn’t all that sucked into this one. I blame this on one simple element – I wasn’t a fan of our main character. I just didn’t care for him. I stuck with the story, hoping my view would change, but it never shifted enough for me to consider him a character I liked. This is just a personal preference, though, and my inability to connect with the main character made it difficult for me to get sucked into the rest of the story.

Don’t get me wrong, there was some fun to be had with this one. There were some interesting changes made to the usual office romance tropes, and I enjoyed seeing something a bit different. For those who do enjoy the main character, I’m sure the two elements combined will leave them enjoying this story.

As I said, though, this one just wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment