Tuesday 6 March 2018

Review: Kade

Kade Kade by Apryl Baker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kade is the first book in Apryl Baker’s Kincaid Security & Investigations series, although it does build heavily upon another of the author’s work. The Sinners Touch is the second book in the author’s Manwhore series, where you will be introduced to characters within Kade. Although The Sinners Touch is optional, I do wish I had read it first – I was lost for most of this book, and I feel as though reading The Sinners Touch would have helped me.

In truth, this was an interesting book. There was a lot going on, certainly enough to keep you intrigued by what is to come next. However, I was never really sucked into the story. I think this is because I never felt the connections to the characters I had hoped. I believe this is because I went in not knowing them – those who have read The Sinners Touch will know the characters well, and will fall straight into their lives. As it was, I was rolling around in history and connections I didn’t quite understand.

I do plan to give The Sinners Touch a read now, though. I may not have been blown away by Kade, but I could see where I would have enjoyed this one more if I understood it a bit better. Of course, I now wish to go and read The Sinners Touch so that an understanding appears. Who knows, when I’ve read The Sinners Touch, I could end up adoring the Kincaid Security & Investigations series.

Overall, this was enjoyable enough, but I think it is better enjoyed if you already know the characters from the author’s other work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment