Saturday 10 March 2018

Review: Make Me Want

Make Me Want Make Me Want by Katee Robert
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having read and enjoyed the second half of Katee Robert’s O’Malley series (I plan to go back and amend the fact I have not read the entire series), I was eager to dive into something new by the author. A new series meant I could follow a story through from the start, watching things unfold and allowing me to appreciate all the small details. Thus, I was more than happy to jump at Make Me Want.

I’ll be completely honest about this one – I was rather disappointed. Forbidden Promises, Undercover Attraction, and The Bastard’s Bargain set my expectations of Katee Robert much higher than what Make Me Want provided. Compared to the other Katee Robert books I have read, this one fell rather flat.

The story is much like many other romance books on the market, and I was constantly waiting for something to pop out and grab me. While there were plenty of steamy scenes to try and distract me, it was glaringly obvious there was nothing overly unique about this one. It’s a popular trope done well, but it isn’t anything special. It is enjoyable, but it will not blow your mind.

If I’m being brutally honest, there were points towards the end of this book where I started to skim events – I was holding out for something amazing, willing to skip parts in the hope of finding the good stuff. I enjoyed it, sure, but I couldn’t pick this one out of a line-up for other books in this genre. Whereas the O’Malley books I read had something that made them pop, this one falls into the shadow of other books.

Don’t get me wrong, I am interested in reading the next book in the series. I’m holding out hope that the next book will grab me more than this one did. I’m also interested in Katee Robert’s other new series, so this hasn’t put me off reading more of her work.

Make Me Want may not have been what I was hoping for, but it was an okay read to pass a bit of time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment