Wednesday 7 March 2018

Review: A Scot's Surrender

A Scot's Surrender A Scot's Surrender by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Scot’s Surrender is the third book in Tammy Andresen’s A Laird to Love series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. There is no doubt that I need more, that I will continue to dive into these books whenever I get the chance.

Last year I worked my way through Tammy Andresen’s Taming the Heart series. I enjoyed each of the stories, finding myself wanting more after each one. When the chance came about to start Tammy Andresen’s new series, A Laird To Love, I found myself more than willing to dive in. While I expected a wonderful series, what I did not expect was to fall more in love with the A Laird To Love series than I did the Taming the Heart series – yet here we are, book three and I already believe I favour this series over my prior Tammy Andresen series. I’m not saying the Taming the Heart series is bad – far from it – I’m merely saying I’m adoring this series even more than I’d expected.

I started this series with the short story, Christmastime With My Captain. Christmastime With My Captain provided an extremely short story that introduced me to the A Laird To Love series, and desperately left me wanting more. It was short, but it provided all I love about a Tammy Andresen novel. Whilst I really enjoyed Christmastime With My Captain, it is merely a blip on the radar considering how much I’ve enjoyed My Enemy, My Earl, Heart of a Highlander, and now A Scot’s Surrender.

My Enemy, My Earl, the first book, won me over in no time at all. It left me wanting more, desperate to see where the next story would take us. I found myself overly excited for the stories that were to come, in dire need of more from the characters I’d enjoyed so much. Heart of a Highlander took all I enjoyed about the first book and intensified it. There is no question of the book being one of my favourite Tammy Andresen reads – possibly my favourite Tammy Andresen read. It set the standard of the series extremely high, leaving me hopeful for A Scot’s Surrender.

Although I didn’t enjoy A Scot’s Surrender quite as much as I enjoyed Heart of a Highlander, it was a wonderful read. It was classic Tammy Andresen – quick and easy, plenty of action, an addictive storyline, wonderful characters, drama, and characters you will love. It works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, but it will pack a much more powerful punch if you read this series in order.

My favourite element of this one was the characters. I’ve fallen deeply in love with the characters of this series, but I was particularly excited to see this story play out. I was not disappointed. It was all I had hoped for between the two characters I was so curious about, exactly what I had been hoping for between the two of them. Plus, there is plenty of promise of what we can expect from the fourth book.

If you enjoyed the first two A Laird To Love books, then you’re sure to adore A Scot’s Surrender – it continues this wonderful series, giving us more of what we have come to love. I’m more than ready for book four, A Laird’s Seduction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment