Wednesday 21 March 2018

Review: Where We Ended

Where We Ended Where We Ended by Nora Flite
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Where We Began duet instantly grabbed me through the synopsis and the promise of darkness. I love a good dark romance, and this seemed to promise an abundance of darkness – thus, I was more than happy to dive in. Unfortunately, the first book in this duet was not to the level of darkness I like when I read a dark romance – things were all rather tame, yet I was hopeful book two would slip us even deeper into the darkness.

Unfortunately, my feelings towards Where We Ended were much the same as my feelings towards Where We Began. Things were interesting, but they were rather tame compared to what I had been expecting.

If you have not read Where We Began, go back and do so now. Where We Ended picks up where the first book left off, instantly throwing you into the deep of things. The mystery and intrigue has already built up in the first book, and this second one continues while slowly feeding us the answers we desire. With plenty of details touched upon in the first book, there was a lot about this one that kept me turning the pages to see how everything came together in the end.

I did enjoy watching as everything came together with this one, although I wasn’t blown away by it as I had hoped to be. Certain details were predictable, other details seemed to come out of nowhere, and I feel as though a lot tried to happen with this one and not everything was done as well as it could have been. There were plenty of points where my attention started to drift, and despite my interest in seeing how things came together I did question whether I could skim parts of this book and simply hunt down my answers.

Overall, it was an okay ending to a decent duet. I’m glad I read it, but it’s not something I would go out of my way to read again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment