Wednesday 21 March 2018

Review: Whiskey & You

Whiskey & You Whiskey & You by H.J. Bellus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn’t quite sure what I had been expecting from Whiskey & You, but whatever ideas I had in my mind were nothing close to the story H.J. Bellus delivered.

I will be completely honest, I was a little bit unsure about this one during the first couple of chapters. I wasn’t crazy about our male lead, and I was waiting for the good stuff to kick in. A handful of chapters in, however, things picked up and refused to let up. Before I knew what was happening, I was addicted to this one, turning pages at a rapid pace, quickly finishing as I absorbed all the details.

This one surprised me, in so many ways.

Whiskey & You turned out to be a much heavier read than I had anticipated. I went in expecting this to be a quick and light read, only for it to wrap around my heart as it squeezed tight. There was so much throughout this one, so many things that will leave you sucked into the story. It’s not one for the faint of heart, not with the topics involved, but those willing to deal with the depth of emotion will be blessed with an amazing read.

It’s more than just a romance, it’s a story of survival. You find yourself rooting for the characters, desperate for their happy ending, for the necessary vengeance to be handed out. As the story unfolds, as more details come to light, you’re sucked in ever deeper. Each new piece of information that appears will chip away at your defences, leaving your raw and exposed.

Honestly, this one shocked me in the best way. I enjoyed this one in a completely different way than I’d expected, and so much more than I’d anticipated. I’ll certainly be picking up more H.J. Bellus in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment