Monday 14 May 2018

Review: Camp Crush

Camp Crush Camp Crush by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read quite a few Tammy Andresen novels over the last couple of years, and I’ve had so much fun with all of them. Until grabbing Camp Crush, however, all my Tammy Andresen novels had been of a single genre – historical romance. For some time, I’ve been interested in Tammy Andresen’s other work, meaning I was more than willing to dive into Camp Crush when the chance came about.

Upon finishing Camp Crush I was left with one run-on sentence of a thought: oh my gosh, this was such an adorable read, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book, as I’m sure this series is going to be all kinds of bubbly sweet and overly cute.

Needless to say, my introduction to Tammy Andresen’s young adult contemporary work has left me with similar feelings to Tammy Andresen’s historical romance. In other words, I will certainly be reading more of this genre from Tammy Andresen.

As the first book in the Accidental Kisses series, Camp Crush is a wonderful set up to what is to come. We’re introduced to the setting, we get to meet the characters, and there is so much sweetness thrown in that I fear I may need to visit the dentist to ensure I’m without cavities.

I will be honest and admit to being nervous before diving into this one. The historical romance novels I have read from Tammy Andresen all fall under the label of bodice rippers, leaving me unsure as to how a young adult novel from the author would play out. Despite the nervousness, I was excited. This excitement grew throughout, as Tammy Andresen demonstrated she is more than capable of writing for different audiences.

Honestly, this one was a super cute read. It has all the sweetness you could hope for in a quick young adult romance, with plenty of emotion keeping you hooked to the pages and characters that will leave you wanting more of the stories.

I cannot wait to read more of the Accidental Kisses series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment