Thursday 24 May 2018

Review: My Duke's Deception

My Duke's Deception My Duke's Deception by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been hooked to Tammy Andresen since my first read by the author, and every chance I get to pick up another of her books I do. The majority of the Tammy Andresen books I have read are her historical romance books, yet recently I was introduced to the author’s young adult work. As excited as I am for the next book in Tammy Andresen’s young adult series, I couldn’t help but be excited to dive into My Duke’s Deception when it appeared on my Kindle.

Earlier this year, Tammy Andresen kicked off the Wicked Earls’ Club – twelve novellas by twelve different authors, with Tammy Andresen setting the bar high with her Earl of Sussex. My interest in the series was high, but even higher was my interest upon getting the news of a Tammy Andresen spinoff series – the Wicked Lords of London series. My Duke’s Seduction was the introduction, and it was a wonderful read – thus, my eagerness for My Duke’s Deception.

Know you do not need to have read either of the aforementioned books to enjoy My Duke’s Deception – it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. We get to see characters from both Earl of Sussex and My Duke’s Seduction, but you do not need to know their stories to appreciate the role they play in this story. I would recommend reading them, though – it’ll give you a bit more understanding, and they’re great reads.

I always enjoy Tammy Andresen’s couples, she makes such great characters, but I think the couple in My Duke’s Deception are one of the best matched. Their development across the story is certainly one of my favourites from the author, sucking me in from the very start and guaranteeing I would fall in love with them.

As always, My Duke’s Deception is a quick and enjoyable read, offering what Tammy Andresen does best. You’re thrown into the past, you’re sucked into the romance, you’re pulled into the storyline, and everything will leave you wanting more. With drama, a bit of heat, amazing characters, a great storyline, and lots of other goodies, you’ll be unable to put the story down.

There is no doubt about it, Tammy Andresen has given another great historical romance with My Duke’s Deception. Not to mention, as always, Tammy Andresen has left me more than ready for the next book in the series. Bring on the third Wicked Lords of London book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment