Wednesday 23 May 2018

Review: Road Trip

Road Trip Road Trip by Andie M. Long
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having read and adored Laura Barnard’s Babes of Brighton books and the One Month Til I Do books, I was more than ready to dive into her next release. I often find myself somewhat nervous when diving into books written by two authors who usually work alone, so there was that little bit of fear. However, Andie M. Long has caught my attention a few times, so I was more than willing to give the collaboration a try.

It turns out the two authors go together seamlessly. You cannot tell where one stars and the other ends, the two going so well together. There is no doubt I will be reading Andie M. Long in the future – and had I not already been a fan of Laura Barnard, I would be off to pick up some of her books after reading this one.

I honestly question whether I have the vocabulary to explain my feelings towards this one. It was both adorable and absolutely hilarious. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard at a book, yet this one had me chuckling with nearly every page. Even things where the little voice in the back of my head was pointing out ‘you should not be laughing at that kind of thing, especially with the work you do’ had me howling. I’m surprised my neighbours didn’t come and give my door a knock, questioning whether I was okay – such was the volume of my laughter throughout this one.

From the very first page, Road Trip pulled me into the story. It starts with drama, and things only escalate from that moment onwards. There is so much throughout this quick little read that sucks you in, so many details that will leave you desperate for more of the characters. I’m surprised so much was crammed into such a quick read – with all that happened it felt as though I should have read a much longer book than I did.

It wasn’t just the crazy events that I loved, I adored the characters too. There was so much fun to be had with both of them, with the chemistry between the two being amazing. I loved them both in completely different ways, loved the different things they brought to the table, and adored the way their story played out. The side characters were also great, making everyone in this book well worth the read.

Honestly, I adored this. I knew it was going to be a fun read, yet it turned out to be even more amazing than I’d anticipated.

If you’re looking for your next romcom read, then I would certainly recommend diving into Road Trip. Be warned, I take no responsibility for injuries incurred when you are all out belly laughing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment